Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

DIY Crochet Hook Case

Hey guys!  I know it's been a while.  I'm going to try my hardest to get back into blogging now that I've moved and I'm going to have quite a few projects to blog.  My first is my Crochet Hook case.

My Aunt's (my uncle's wife) mother died :( and so she got a lot of her furniture and such.  Well, she gave me her dresser and in it was A LOT of craft things that were her mother's including a handful of crochet hooks.  So, now I have a ton and I just threw them into a small vase, but then when I need a specific one I have to go through and check the size on each one.  This is too much work, so I made a case for them.

{Please forgive any blurry photos I'm having technical difficulties with the camera lens I dropped on the floor.}

 
 
Supplies:
Lots of crochet hooks
Felt
Embroidery floss and needle
Scissors
 

 

First I stitched on the letters, which isn't my strong suit so forgive my technique.  Then I folded the bottom up to make a pouch then I did a blanket stitch (my first) around the sides and top.  Then I put a set of hooks into the pouch and stitched it up (I did it this way instead of just making them all the same because each set was a different width).


{Again sorry for the blurry-ness}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment