Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Terrible Blogger

I have to say that I am the worst blogger.  I will post a few at a time then I get busy, or just distracted and I forget about my blog.  Well, I have been busy.  Working A LOT!  And just getting acclimated to California.  I have been crafting, though.  Not really creating tutorials, though.  I apologize for that.  Here's what I've been up to:


Shadow box I made from a vintage flour bag, measuring cups, and measuring spoons I bought at Granny's Attic in Temecula.  That place is huge and I think I spent 2 hours there but I could have spent all day there.


I bought this crate at the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Temecula.  It was made there I think from random pieces of wood.  Then I spary painted it black, and then I brushed on some blue paint and it kind of gave it an antique look.  Great place for shoes.  I'm not a fan of shoes around the house.


Our condo was built in the 70's so not everything is very energy-efficient including the fireplace.  There's a breeze that comes through the fireplace (notice how the cover is bulged out).  And so it's freezing in our living room.  So I made this cover to help block the cold.  I put fleece on the inside and some velcro on the edges to secure it.  I plan to put some beans in the top skinny part to make it even more secure.


This is Angel.  And this is the doggy cape I made her.  She doesn't like it much.  But she's warm.  And it's better than the sweater Nan would put on her where she had to put her legs through it.  I'd like it if I had one lol


I bought this tea towel at the dollar store for... $1 lol.  Then I ruffled the fabric and sewed it on.  Cheap cheap.  There's another one I have to do but it takes a lot of time and patience to sew ruffles that small, so I'll get to it some time.


My favorite project so far.  A new wreath for the front door.  I wanted something winter-y.  I bought a wreath form, wrapped it in white fabric I got from the remnant bin, then made a flower from a grey cordoroy fabric I got from the remnany bin and used that for the strips around the wreath, and then I bought some little sparkly sticks, like filler for bouquets (I don't know what you call them).  I love it.

So, that's what I've been up to when it comes to my crafts and sewing.  I really haven't been baking although I think I might make some cupcakes or something today.  I'll try to keep you posted.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment