Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Culinary Adventure of Sarah and Jamie

When I was in Tacoma visiting with Jamie we got to make some great meals for the family.  Jamie has a great kitchen in her cute little house.


The eat-in kitchen (with my dad's head on the side lol).  There will be other pictures to get more of a sense of the kitchen.



Jamie with her friend, Maryland, making some yummy food.



I was snapping green beans and playing camera shy for some reason.



Mushrooms.  She put some balsamic vinegar, butter, and some other things in with them.  I don't know.  I'm not a fan of mushrooms.  It was Maryland's job to watch the mushrooms while Jamie seared and cooked the filet mignon (yeah, we don't mess around, if we're having beef we're going big).



The Fam, gathered around, waiting for some yummy food.



Jamie, serving her son, Dylan, and friend, Sam.  Sam lives in Jamie's guest house out back and they're good friends.  He was walking by the kitchen window to his place and she invited him in for dinner.  What a nice "land lady."


Next: dessert!


And that's where I step in.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows from that amazing and inspiring Joy the Baker.


They disappeared quite quickly.


And now...in true Sarah style...



But wait!  There's more...



Any volunteers for clean-up??  Anybody??  Anybody??



Score!  Some willing volunteers ( no they were not forced...ok maybe Dylan was, sucks to be the youngest.  I know I've been there).



The heights she'll go for a picture.


The next night we also decided to make dinner.  It wasn't as special as filet mignon, but we made spaghetti and meatballs special.



With fresh herbs.


Apparently this is the only picture I took of cooking that night.  I think because we had limited time so we rushed through it.  But, we had homemade meatballs and spaghetti.  I made the meatballs with a cute personal trainer in the room.


Alright, alright, that does imply story-time.  He's someone that Jamie knows from her gym and he came over to get a tour of the house because he was house-sitting later that week.  Yes, he was cute, but did you hear the personal trainer part?!  Plus, I lurked him on Facebook- he's younger than me.


Oh my gosh, I just admitted lurking someone on Facebook.


Jamie, if you read this- what is said on the blog stays on the blog.


Anyway, back on point.


The night after that we made dinner, as well, but it was just leftovers.  Well, Jamie made it up.  I supervised with a gin and tonic in hand.  I'm 24 for those of you who were questioning.


So, those are our culinary adventures.  I hope there are more to come.  And especially more messes to be cleaned up.  We both need a man like the one I talked about here.


 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment