Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blogging...

I apologize to everyone.  I'm a terrible blogger.  I'm trying, really.  Even though I've been away from here, I've been thinking about it.  I've been keeping myself busy, for sure.

Since my sister went off and left me I've been doing A LOT of crafts and some cooking.

I went to the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show at the end of January/beginning of February.  There's also a bead show, which is really where I went.  A friend of mine makes glass beads.  She's awesome. ( I was trying to find a picture of her and I have none.  Probably because she hates to have her picture taken.)


This is some of what she does.  We went to another show last year and this was her table.



The bookmarks all have beads on them that my friend, Tennessa, made herself.  If you want to check out more go here.


So, because I was with her at a place overflowing with beads and jewelry-making supplies, I had to buy some.  And I got some cute things.  I haven't done too much with what I got yet.  Actually...



I did make this.  The glass disks were made by Tennessa's mom,  who is also a glass bead-maker, and the cord was purchased from Sonoran Beads.



This one was also made with cord from Sonoran Beads and amethyst stones from another vender.



Another necklace made with cord from Sonoran Beads and amazonite stones.


I also got some silver from Somerset Silver, some decopage beads from Jewels By Jules, and a silver ring and pendant base from Amate Studios.  I got some other pieces too, but I can't remember who I bought them from.


So, that kept me busy for a few days.  Then, of course, making the jewelry when I got home.


I also took a vacation last month.  I went to Sacramento first.  My mom, step-dad, grandma, and I are thinking about moving to California and so, my mom, step-dad, and I went to check it out.  We liked it.  Well, a small town in between Sacramento and San Francisco called Vacaville.  We just now need to find jobs and a place to live before we can move out there.



My mama :)  I love her.  She's my best friend.  And she'd kill me if she saw this on here.



Donyvan.  I dare you to find a better step-dad.


After Sacramento, I went to Tacoma, WA.  My step-sister and step-brother, Jon, (my step-mom's kids) live there.  My step-sister, Jamie, (now I would call her my sister, though because we jumped over all the "step" boundaries while I was there and got closer than ever) has an eleven year-old son, Dylan.



The three of us had our first beer together.  It was the first time we had all been together since I was probably 16 or 17.


It was a great visit.


I also got to see my uncle- my mom's brother- who just happens to live in Seattle (about 30 minutes from Tacoma).



Me, with my Uncle Greg, and my dad's on the other side of him.  Two great men!


(A culinary adventure with Jamie post soon to come.)


Now, since I've been back from that trip I've been working a lot.  And sewing a lot.  Those posts soon to come too- the sewing, not the working haha.


So, stick with me.  I've got some good stuff coming.


 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment