Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Recipe Card Holder

I got this idea from Recycled Lovelies.  I put my own little twist on it, I guess.


My plan is to make one for each would-be section of a cookbook.


Of course, I started with desserts because they are what I cook the most.


What you'll need:




  • Index cards- whatever size you want, I used 4x6 blank cards, so I could print the recipes from the computer

  • Metal ring- you can find these at a craft store in different sizes, I think they're in the cross-stitch section

  • Laminate stickers or contact paper- again at the craft store, probably in the section with sticker-makers

  • Hole punch

  • Scissors or a paper cutter

  • Various stickers and pens to decorate





  1. Pick the recipes you want to use.

  2. Print the cards.  Either use the computer or write them out yourself.

  3. Place the card on the roll of laminate to measure the right size.

  4. Cut 2 pieces of laminate and place one on either side of the card.

  5. Punch a hole in the corner and place on the metal ring.  Repeat with all the cards.

  6. The front card: glue 2 of the index cards on top of one another.  Decorate to your liking then laminate like the other cards.  And punch a hole in the corner and add to the rest on the ring.



Happy Crafting!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment