Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Apple Pecan Cheesecake

Another dessert that I took to a friend's house.  Our whole family was asked over for dinner and I got asked to make dessert.

Apparently, my friends think I like to make dessert.

They are right.

Let's talk cheesecake.

Who doesn't like cheesecake?  I mean really.  If you're human you like cheesecake.


Yum!



Break up some graham crackers and crush them up in a food processor.  Yes, ours is a mini one.



Put the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar in a bowl and mix.



Press the crumbs into a pan to make the crust.



The tin foil is so it's easy to pull the whole cheesecake out for nice presentation- this doesn't work haha



Lots of cream cheese.


I like to use light cream cheese or reduced fat.


It gives me the illusion that it's better for me.



Add sugar and vanilla.



And some sour cream...I know kind of weird



Throw in the eggs.



Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust.



Peel and chop up three apples.


I used Granny Smith that we picked at a local orchard.


I like the tart apples for baking.



Add sugar, cinnamon, and pecans to the apples and give a good mix.



This makes the cheesecake that much better.



Sprinkle the apple pecan mixture over the top of the cheesecake.


Then put it in the oven and die while you have to smell the delicious cinnamon and apple.


It was a hit at the dinner.


We're all still eating it because it made a lot.



I bought some tea cups at an estate sale and had to use the plate for my staged picture.


You can find the original recipe here.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment